Overview | Briefings | Panels | Meet the Experts | Meet the Spin-Outs | Posters | Demos
Please arrive for registration from 8:30am. Tea, coffee and breakfast snacks will be available. The event will formally commence with plenaries from 9:00am, beginning with a welcome from Professor Michael Wooldridge, Head of Department, Computer Science.
We have a full programme of academic speakers from Oxford, who will share with you insights in to how AI and machine learning can positively influence areas such as robotics, healthcare and the environment. Speakers include:
- Professor Michael Wooldridge, Head of Department of Computer Science and leading expert on cooperating AI systems
- Professor Paul Newman, leader in robotic technology and autonomous systems, and co-founder of driverless car company Oxbotica (https://www.oxbotica.ai)
- Professor Andrew Zisserman, leading computer vision researcher and scientist at DeepMind
- Professor Mihaela van der Schaar, leading expert on AI in medicine and healthcare
- Professor Steve Roberts, Director of the Oxford-Man Institute, machine learning expert and co-founder of Mind Foundry (http://mindfoundry.ai)
- Professor Shimon Whiteson, machine learning expert and founder of Morpheus Labs (http://morpheuslabs.co.uk)
- Professor Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Professorial Research Fellow in Computer Science and chairman and co-founder of the Open Data Institute (https://theodi.org/).
- Professor Peter Donnelly, Professor of Statistical Science and Director of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics. Co-founder and CEO of Genomics plc (http://www.genomicsplc.com/)
- Professor Paul Leeson, leading expert in cardiovascular medicine and co-founder of Ultromics (http://www.ultromics.com)
- Professor Niki Trigoni, leader in the field of intelligent and autonomous sensor systems and co-founder of Navenio (https://www.navenio.com/)
We are hosting 3 panel discussions on AI-related topics that are widely discussed across all sectors. These sessions will be interactive so do come prepared with questions for our panellists.
- AI & Employment: Featuring Michael Osborne, Will Hutton, Sandra Wachter and Kenneth Cukier.
- Ethics & AI: Featuring Marina Jirotka, Paula Boddington, Mariarosaria Taddeo and Allan Dafoe
- AI & Security: Featuring Ivan Martinovic, Lucas Kello, Andrew Ker and Mariarosaria Taddeo
Meet the Experts
You will have the opportunity to join a small group of attendees for a discussion and Q&A with some of our high profile academic speakers. Spaces will be limited and details on how to book a place will be released to attendees along with the final programme.
Meet the Spin-Outs
Similar to our Meet the Expert sessions, you will have the opportunity to join a small group of attendees for a discussion and Q&A with some of our spin-outs. As with the Meet the Expert sessions, spaces will be limited and details on how to book a place will be released to attendees along with the final programme. Spin-outs available on the day will include Mind Foundry, Ultromics, Morpheus Labs and Diffblue.
Meet the Students (Posters)
Over lunch we are hosting an interactive poster session for our students and early career researchers to discuss their current work with you. The session will take place in the bright space of the studio in the Nazrin Shah Centre and will offer a perfect opportunity for you to talk to potential future leaders in the field of AI and machine learning. No booking is required, but we would recommend picking up some lunch first as there will be a lot to talk about.
The central foyer of the Nazrin Shah Centre will host demos of the innovative work currently being undertaken across Oxford University. We will also have a Partnerships Zone where you will have the opportunity to discuss in more detail how you can continue conversations with us after the event.
College Dinner at Balliol
Many of you have booked to attend the evening dinner we are hosting in Balliol College’s hall. Welcome drinks will begin in The Buttery from 6:45pm. Seats should be taken for dinner at 7:30pm. There is no formal dress code.